- Airport transfers V/V.
- All surface transportation by Tempo Traveler.
- Sight-seeing around Leh
- Local English/Hindi speaking guide
- 4 (5) Nights at hotel “Ratna Hotel Ladakh”, Double, Twin sharing or Single room,
with breakfast and dinner (MAP)
- 4 (5) Days trekking and Summit climb with experienced Expedition Guide and all trekking
materials included, such as tent for two, good floor matress, kitchen tent, dining tent, cook,
assistant, ponies and pony guide. You must bring your own good quality sleeping bag (Type
- Ascent Permit and Wildlife Fee
- Any domestic airfares and airport taxes
- Any kind of insurance (for example travel, health, life, rescue, repatriation)
- Climbing gear, such as Ice Axe and Crampons: bring your own or you can rent from us
- Any meals not specifically mentioned.
- Table drinking and snacks at the accommodations and enroute
- Tips to the guides, drivers, hotel staff.
- Any type of personal expenses
- Any unforeseen expenses due to events beyond our control, such as natural calamity,
landslide, snow fall, strike, hike in Tax Structure, Hotel, Transportation rates.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under “Services Included”
Ladakh Marathon Stok Kangri Trek – 09N / 10D
Day 01 / 03.09.16: Arrive at Leh
Arrival Leh by morning flight. Welcome and transfer to the hotel. Breakfast and complete rest
for acclimatization. Afternoon: transfer to Leh and visit Samkar monastery and Shanti Stupa at
sunset. Dinner and Overnight at “Ratna Hotel Ladakh”.
Day 02 / 04.09.16: Leh Local sightseeing
(Acclimatization) Full-day sightseeing to visit Shey Palace, Thiksey and Hemis Monastery.
Dinner and Overnight at “Ratna Hotel Ladakh”.
Day 03 / 05.09.16: Leh to Stok and start trek to Mancarmo (4-5 hours)
After breakfast at our hotel, drive to the starting point of the trek at Stok village, where the
pack ponies and trekking team is ready for you. Head off to Mancarmo (13’944ft) through a
beautiful valley of unusual rock formations. Mancarmo is the Summer pasture of Stok village.
Overnight at our trekking camp at Mancarmo.
Day 04 / 06.09.16: Trek Mancarmo to Base Camp and back to Mancarmo (5-6 hours)
From Mancarmo (13’944ft) gradually trek higher into an isolated area inhabited only by
marmots and blue sheep and surrounded by high peaks. We walk towards the base camp
(16’470ft), then back to Mancarmo for one more night (acclimatization). Overnight at our
trekking camp Mancarmo.
Day 05 / 07.09.16: Trek Mancarmo to Base Camp (3 hours)
Trek up to the base camp and prepare for the Summit push. Overnight at our trekking camp at
Day 06 / 08.09.16: Base Camp to Summit of Stok Kangri, back to Base Camp (10-11
Depending on weather and snow conditions, leave early at 1am. We just take a cup of tea
and bring the lunch boxes, before walking into the night with our headlights and torches.If it is
a clear full moon night, the moon will guide us in its silvery glow. It is a strenous trek, in the
last part you will most likely use not only your ice axes, but also your crampons and even
ropes, depending on the snow conditions. However, by the time you reach the top at 20’177ft,
the hardship will be forgotten, as you are surrounded by one of the most beautiful sights in the
Himalayas, lighted up by the slowly rising morning sun. With good weather conditions, the
Saser mountain group in the Great Karakorum range and K2 can be seen. For good fortune,
we leave a Khatag (religious white scarf) on the top with prayer flags. Leave the Summit and
descent back to Mancarmo. Overnight at our trekking camp at Mancarmo.
Day 07 / 09.09.16: Reserve Day for Summit attempt
Reserve day for establishing Summit attempt, in case attempt on the 1st day failed due to bad
Day 08 / 10.09.16: Descent to Stok and back to Leh
No hurry this morning and by the time you open your eyes, you will realize that you have
scaled a peak higher than any mountain in Europe or North America. After breakfast, trek
down to Stok and then drive back to hotel. Overnight at “Ratna Hotel Ladakh”.
Day 09 / 11.09.16: Ladakh Marathon 2016
Early morning drive to Shanti Stupa, the starting point of Ladakh Marathon. Good Luck for
your race! Overnight at “Ratna Hotel Ladakh”.
Day 10 / 12.09.16: Departure Delhi
Early morning transfer to the airport for flight back Delhi.
Accommodation at Leh
Ratna Hotel Ladakh
Destinations in Package
You or any member of your party may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our office. The cancellation charges applicable are as per the published cancellation policy below:
Cancellation charges per person
1. 30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
2. 29 – 20 days before departure: 50% of total cost
3. Less than 19 days before departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
1. We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
2. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes,we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
3. We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
4. If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced.
5. If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-data basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
6. In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees.