- Airport transfers.
- All surface transportation by Tempo Traveler.
- Sight-seeing around Leh
- Local English/Hindi speaking guide
- 3 Nights at our new hotel “Ratna Hotel Ladakh”, Double, Twin sharing or Single room, with
breakfast and dinner (MAP)
- 7D/6N trekking with experienced Trekking Guide and staff. All trekking materials included,
such as tent for two, good floor mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent, cook, assistant, ponies and
pony guide. You must bring your own good quality sleeping bag (Type Comfort -15°C).
- Camping and Wildlife Fee
- Any domestic airfares and airport taxes
- Any kind of insurance (for example travel, health, life, rescue, repatriation)
- Any meals not specifically mentioned
- Table drinking and snacks at the accommodations and enroute
- Tips to the guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any type of personal expenses
- Any unforeseen expenses due to events beyond our control, such as natural calamity,
landslide, snow fall, strike, hike in Tax Structure, Hotel, Transportation rates
- Anything not specifically mentioned under “Services Included”.
Ladakh With Markha Valley Trek – 09N / 10D
Day 01: Arrive at Leh
Arrival Leh by morning flight. Welcome and transfer to the hotel. Breakfast and complete rest
for acclimatization. Afternoon: transfer to Leh and visit Samkar monastery and Shanti Stupa at
sunset. Dinner and Overnight at our hotel “Ratna Hotel Ladakh”.
Day 02:Leh Local sightseeing
(Acclimatization) Full-day sightseeing to visit Shey Palace, Thiksey and Hemis Monastery.
Dinner and Overnight at our hotel “Ratna Hotel Ladakh”.
Day 03: Leh to Chilling and start trek to Skiu (5 hours)
After breakfast drive to Chiling and cross the Zanskar river on an 80-meter cable car. On the
other side of the river the trekking team of staff and ponymen are waiting. Walk along the
narrow path up to Skiu village (3’660m, 12’007ft). Overnight at our trekking camp in tent.
Day 04: Trek Skiu to Markha (7-8 hours)
Cross the river and trek up to the Markha village (3’200m, 10’498ft). Markha is the longest
valley with beautiful oasis-terraced green fields and small irrigation channels. Walk along the
trail where the Skiu Nala meets the Markha and visit a small monastery. An old nun takes
care of this monastery and lights the butter lamps at the altar of Chamba (Future Buddha).
Overnight at our trekking camp in tent.
Day 05: Trek Markha to Thachungtse (5-6 hours)
Very pleasant walk through one of the loveliest sections of Markha Valley. Trek along the river
over several bridges to reach Thinlespa and further to Hankar village. Good view of the peak
of Gyalpo-Ri. The camp is on the bank of the Markha river at a place called Thachungtse
(3’589m, 11’775ft). Overnight at our trekking camp in Tent.
Day 06: Thachungtse to Nyimaling (4-5 hours)
The trail climbs steadily up to the narrow valley. Reach the Nyimaling plain which is a broad
undulating meadow which slopes upwards to the base of the ice-clad Kang Yatse (6’553m,
21’500ft), the highest peak in the Zanskar range. Nyimaling offers pastures for many animals
like yaks, sheep, goats, dzos and horses. Spot plenty of Himalayan marmots and occasionally
blue sheep or wolf. Overnight at our trekking camp in tent.
Day 07: Rest Day at Nyimaling
Relax at Nyimaling, enjoy and explore the superb scenery and surroundings. If you like walk
to the base camp of Kang Yatse. Overnight at our trekking camp in tent.
Day 08: Nyimaling to Shang (7-8 hours)
Cross to the North of the Markha river and climb to the top of Kangmaru-La (5’400m,
17’716ft), the highest of the three passes. Enjoy wonderful views of snow peaks in every
direction. On a clear day you can see the giants of the Karakoram including the K2. Descend
steeply to the head of the Martselang valley passing through the hot water springs(Chushkarmo). Follow the Martselang river to the village of Sumdo or Shang-Sumdo at the confluence of the Snag Nala and teh Martselang. Overnight at our trekking camp in tent.
Day 09: Shang to Martselang (3-4 hours), then by car back to Leh (2 hours)
Easy descent along the left bank of the Martselang river to where it broadens into the Indus at
Martselang village. Transport is waiting for the 2-hour drive back to Leh. On the road visit the
famous Hemis monastery. Overnight at our hotel “Ratna Hotel Ldakh”.
Accommodation at Leh
Ratna Hotel Ladakh
Accommodation at Leh
Ratna Hotel Ladakh
Accommodation at Leh
trekking camp in tent
Destinations in Package
You or any member of your party may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our office. The cancellation charges applicable are as per the published cancellation policy below:
Cancellation charges per person
1. 30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
2. 29 – 20 days before departure: 50% of total cost
3. Less than 19 days before departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
1. We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
2. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes,we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
3. We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
4. If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced.
5. If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-data basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
6. In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees.